CMI Level 6 Improving Team Performance CMI Award
What is special about this course?
What is special about this course?
The main aim of the CMI (Chartered Management Institute) Improving Team Performance (Level 6) is to provide a general course for those who either currently responsible for managing staff, or are looking to move into a staff management role. The course aims to provide a model for managing performance, eg identifying issues which affect performance, drawing up action plans to address performance and being able to select the most appropriate support mechanisms to ensure action plans are successful
No formal qualifications are required.
It is probably useful to currently be in, or to have had experience of, a supervisory/managerial position to get the full benefit of the class
- Be able to identify issues which affect performance
- Manager’s role in identifying performance issues in the team
- Systems for evaluating performance
- Knowing the limits of authority when dealing with performance
- Know how to select and apply the best course of action to address a performance issue
- Understanding the range of different methods available to provide help and support in order to improve performance of an individual
- How to conduct a performance counselling session for an individual
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- Be able to take action to achieve the performance issue of an individual
- Action planning, using relevant support services, ensuring the desired outcome is achieved
- Ensure knowledge of when disciplinary and grievance procedures may be evoked
- Identify why records of action plan achievements and actions taken, are required
How will I study my course?
Evening class sessions or online study
You will study by way of class-room based lectures and tutorials in College with online support materials. You can also study flexibly by online study only.
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Orkney College, Kirkwall
September and January depending on numbers
Further education tuition fees
If you are studying a full time Further Education course (NCs, NQs etc.) the College claims your fees from the Scottish Funding Council for students who are under 18 on the first day of the course. Students over the age of 18 on the first day of the course have to apply to Orkney Islands Council (OIC) for a tuition fees bursary.
Information on the tuition fees bursary is available on the OIC website.
Normally you are responsible for your course fees but if you are in receipt of certain benefits you may be eligible for a Part Time Course Fee Waiver. Not all part-time courses at Orkney College UHI are covered by the Fee Waiver Scheme and only certain benefits are acceptable as a basis for a Fee Waiver. Please contact the college to enquire.
If you are eligible, you may be entitled to an ILA of up to £200 a year towards a course. Further information can be found at https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/learn-and-train/sds-individual-learning-accounts-ila
What can I do on completion of my course?
This course would be beneficial for jobs such as administrators, project co-ordinators, team leaders, section heads and supervisors which all require managerial skills. The qualification may also help those who want to improve their career prospects within or outwith their current organisation
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for CMI Level 6 Improving Team Performance CMI Award
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Orkney College UHI. Orkney College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.