SVQ Diploma in Digital Marketing SCQF 6 SCQF Level 6
What is special about this course?
The Diploma in Digital Marketing is suitable for:
- individuals who are currently in employment and who wish to obtain a formal qualification
- employers looking for a professional qualification for their employees in the area of Digital Marketing
- school leavers who would like to undertake an apprenticeship programme in Digital Marketing
No prior qualifications are required to undertake this qualification, although experience or knowledge of traditional marketing methods would be an advantage. Learners must also be in a suitable position to allow them to generate evidence from the workplace to successfully complete the Diploma.
Written communication skills at SCQF level 5 or above is preferred and there will be a discussion at interview stage to ensure that evidence can be generated in their current role.
To attain the qualification candidates must complete 65 SCQF Credits in total. This comprises - 27 mandatory credits, and 38 optional credits
Mandatory Units includes:
- Understanding the Business Environment
- Understanding Legal, Regulatory & Ethical Requirements in Sales and Marketing
- Using Collaborative Technologies 3
- Principles of Marketing & Evaluation
- Develop own Professionalism
- Digital Marketing Metrics & Analytics 1
Optional Units may include:
- Search Engine Marketing 1
- Cointent Marketing 1
- Email Marketing 1
- Marketing on Mobile Devices
- Principles of Social Media within a Business
- Brand Development
Optional units will depend on the candidates role.
How will I study my course?
- Work based
The qualification is gained through the completion of an average of 12 separate units. This is broken down into 6 mandatory units and around 6 optional units which are agreed between the candidate, their employer and college provider to suit the candidate's role in the organisation. Each unit is completed through self-directed study using evidence from the workplace to demonstrate knowledge and competencies. Support is provided by the college assessor through visits and email. Workplace visits include assessing the candidate via observations, professional discussion/oral questioning, and review meetings. All evidence is submitted onto an online portfolio.
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Orkney College, Kirkwall
February and September
If you are studying a full time Further Education course (NCs, NQs etc.) the College claims your fees from the Scottish Funding Council for students who are under 18 on the first day of the course. Students over the age of 18 on the first day of the course have to apply to Orkney Islands Council (OIC) for a tuition fees bursary.
Information on the tuition fees bursary is available on the OIC website.
Normally you are responsible for your course fees but if you are in receipt of certain benefits you may be eligible for a Part Time Course Fee Waiver. Not all part-time courses at Orkney College UHI are covered by the Fee Waiver Scheme and only certain benefits are acceptable as a basis for a Fee Waiver. Please contact the college to enquire.
If you are eligible, you may be entitled to an ILA of up to £200 a year towards a course.
Modern Apprenticeship conditions:
Candidates must be:
- Age 24 years or under
- Able to work towards Core Skill at SCQF 5 and above
- Live in the UK and eligible for a British Passport
- Working as an employee
- Will have supervision during their apprenticeship
- Will have a contract of employment
If candidate meets the criteria for a Modern Apprenticeship, there will be no course fees. However, if delivered as a SVQ only, the course fees will be charged accordingly. There are limited MA spaces available.
What can I do on completion of my course?
The Diploma in Digital Marketing at SCQF level 6 could provide progression to:
- the Diploma in Digital Marketing at SCQF level 8
- an HNC/HND in Marketing or HNC/HND Advertising and PR
- a range of PDA's in Management
- degree level study at a higher education institution
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for SVQ Diploma in Digital Marketing SCQF 6 SCQF Level 6
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Orkney College UHI. Orkney College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.