AAT Accounting Diploma SCQF Level 7
Course code N406
What is special about this course?
Jobs in accounting are extremely diverse - your skills can be used in every sector of employment, with career opportunities across the world or closer to home. Studying an AAT accounting qualification ensures you have the recognised abilities and experience that employers look for, so you can take on the challenges of your role with confidence.
This AAT Accounting Diploma (SCQF Level 7) offers technical training in accounting, business awareness, and tax processes, providing you with the specialist knowledge and tools you will need to progress in your employment or further your studies in accountancy and finance.
- Flexible schedule
- Professional qualification
- Offers a route to becoming an AAT professional member via a level 8 AAT qualification
- Stepping stone toward university study, chartered accountancy, or self-employment
- Qualifications up to and including SCQF Level 6
- Competency in numerical skills
- Numeracy and Communication at SCQF level 5
- Previous work-based/accounting experience is beneficial but not mandatory
- A Scottish Higher in Maths, Accountancy, English, or anything demonstrating analytical skills and work with formulae and numbers, would be an advantage
Year 1 - SCQF level 7
You will study the following core modules:
- Business awareness
- Financial accounting: preparing financial statements
- Management accounting techniques
- Tax processes for business
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured)
- You will learn through a combination of face to face teaching and online study via the university's virtual learning environment (VLE), with support from your tutors
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 1 years @ 5-10 hours per week
Number of hours per week indicates the total number of hours you should dedicate to the course, which includes time spent in lectures and your own time spent on individual study and research.
Where can I study my course?
- Orkney College UHI
- Variable - please contact Orkney campus for info
If you are studying a full time Further Education course (NCs, NQs etc.) the College claims your fees from the Scottish Funding Council for students who are under 18 on the first day of the course. Students over the age of 18 on the first day of the course have to apply to Orkney Islands Council (OIC) for a tuition fees bursary.
Information on the tuition fees bursary is available on the OIC website.
Normally you are responsible for your course fees but if you are in receipt of certain benefits you may be eligible for a Part Time Course Fee Waiver. Not all part-time courses at Orkney College UHI are covered by the Fee Waiver Scheme and only certain benefits are acceptable as a basis for a Fee Waiver. Please contact the college to enquire.
If you are eligible, you may be entitled to an ILA of up to £200 a year towards a course.
External scholarships and financial support may be available. Contact the relevant UHI partner college for more information.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Once you have successfully completed this course, you might like to consider careers in:
- Accounts assistant
- Finance officer
- Senior bookkeeper
- Payable and expenses supervisor
- Payroll supervisor
- Audit trainee
- Credit controller
Can I progress into further study?
You can progress from this course on to the Professional Diploma in Accounting SCQF Level 8.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for AAT Accounting Diploma SCQF Level 7
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.