Health and Social Care Supervision PDA
What is special about this course?
The PDA Health and Social Care Supervision is designed for those working in the care sector in supervisory roles. It is approved to meet the registration requirements of the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) and also provides continuing professional development (CPD) for first line managers who provide supervision, support and guidance.
- Flexible study mode, enabling you to fit your studies around other commitments
- The course is designed to enable supervisors to support health and social care staff to deliver high quality care and to access and manage risks to individual wellbeing.
- At SCQF level 7, this course meets the requirements for SSSC registration
- Care qualification at SCQF level 5 or above plus relevant experience or
- SVQ Health and Social Care at level 3 and
- Employment in a care situation in a supervisory position
- SVQ 3 Health & Social Care
- HNC Social Care
Year 1 - PDA
- Health and Social Care: Supervise People
- Health and Social Care: Supervise the Protection of People
How will I study my course?
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Part-time (unstructured)
- Open learning packs complemented with optional class, video conference or telephone tutorials
How long will my course last?
- Part time: 4 months
Where can I study my course?
- Inverness College UHI
- Lews Castle College UHI
- Moray College UHI
- North Highland College UHI
- Orkney College UHI
- Perth College UHI
- Shetland College UHI
For information on costs of this course please contact the college where you wish to study.
What can I do on completion of my course?
On completion of this PDA you may be able to enhance your career prospects or seek employment in a health/care environment.
Can I progress into further study?
Some students may elect to progress to the UHI CPD Award Leading and Managing Care Services if they seek promotion to become a care service manager.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Health and Social Care Supervision PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.